Volunteers and future Board Members
We are seeking proactive, committed individuals connected to the community, whom are inspired to give back and assist us in our fund raising efforts - as well as share their life/work experiences and talents. If you can contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership for a monthly meeting along with energy and enthusiasm towards achieving our goals, please contact the Friends for more information. mailto:email@example.com
- Assigned Tasks: Assist visitors by driving one of our 8 passenger golf carts which assist visitors getting back and forth from the parking lot to the picnic areas. Volunteer must enjoy working with the public and must have a high regard for safety at all times. Volunteer will collect donations from visitors, which go back to the Friends of Oleta River State Park.
- Number of Hours Required: Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and/or 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Hours can be negotiated but must do a minimum of four hours a day.
- Qualifications and/or Skills Required: Volunteers must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record, the ability to drive an 8- passenger golf cart, remain seated for up to one hour at a time, and work in high temperature conditions.
Website Coordinator/Social Media
- Assigned Tasks: Maintain, update and monitor the Friends of Oleta River State Park website and other social media accounts. This includes uploading and posting photos/information and making changes to website content regularly.
- Number of Hours Required: Volunteer must be able to update the website on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Qualifications and/or Skills Required: Experience in web design and maintenance is a must. Experience with Wild Apricot is preferred.
Native Plant Nursery Maintenance
- Assigned Tasks: Collects seeds, propagates plants, feeds and waters plants in nursery.
- Number of Hours Required: Negotiable, usually two to four hours.
- Qualifications and/or Skills Required: Ability to work independently, perform light physical labor.
- Assigned Tasks: Maintenance of the park's multi-use trail system
- Number of Hours Required: A minimum of 3 hours per workday is preferable.
- Qualifications and/or Skills Required: Interest and/or experience in trail maintenance is preferred, along with the ability to lift 25 pounds or greater, utilize small hand tools and work in high temperature conditions.
Interested? Please contact the Friends at 786-529-5012