The Friends Goals
- Redesign + Revitalize Oleta's TWO Butterfly Garden via extensive Native Plantings, Invasive species removal + the additional of Educational Kiosks/Signage
- Launch the Eco-themed Fitness Trail project - to feature ADA fitness equipment, STEM-inspired play structures, and a unique workout circuit course rounding out in the most peaceful workout ambiance - amongst native trees, plants and water views
- Maintain + Redevelop + Enhance the Mountain Bike Trails
- Lead an Anti-litter Campaign and increase Recycling at the Park
- Develop an Educational Program founded on Citizen Science to welcome more kids to the Park for fun and education
- Solarize more park facilities and vehicles, along with beginning a switch to LED lighting at the Park.
- Jumpstart plans towards an Environmental Education Facility
- Host more local children at the Park via a well-funded Growing Green Giants Program - offering regular day trips and summer events
In the last couple years, the Friends have spent over $25,000 to directly support Park-staff operations via equipment repairs, purchases and materials. We have helped to replace equipment stolen from the Park. We have purchased + planted about 2000 native plants/trees for both Oleta Butterfly Gardens. Our cleanups, equal thousands of lbs. of trash - including recycling separation - removed from the Parks woods, beach and shores. In prior years, we have purchased new equipment and vehicles, including two 8-passenger DONATION trams, which have been extremely successful in transporting Oleta visitors while raising funds via donations. We have invested in materials/supplies for the Biking Trails, along with the purchase of two bike service-stations, for quick bike repairs.